The end of 2018 was defined by a market correction.
After a ten year bull run, we are now late cycle.
Global economic indicators are flashing red.
At the beginning of March 2019, I leveraged my portfolio 50%.
On March 22, the yield curve inverted for the first time in a decade.
(You can read the reddit thread that started it all, here)
– I will maintain a leveraged portfolio of 50% of total equity
– The majority of investments are blue chip or high-yield plays
– My focus is a mix of dividend income and capital appreciation
– Long term horizon (20+ years)
– Moderate risk profile
So, what’s in it for you?
- Live vicariously through my portfolio
- Monthly portfolio updates
- Annual portfolio review
- Blog posts on research, personal finance and lifestyle.
- You can also follow me on Twitter
My word is not gospel. Do your due diligence.
Enjoy the ride.
Socratic Disclaimer: For all this, I truly know nothing. Every investment decision I make is based on the best available data at the time. Investing is speculative by nature. Sometimes I will take greater risks and make decisions that you, the reader, vehemently disagrees with. This is the nature of my investment philosophy; play it safe, mostly. At the end of the day, no one knows how companies, the market, or life in general will play out. Countless companies have gone from boom to bust for various reasons: Enron, GE, Blackberry…the list goes on. I am not here to tell you what to do with your money. I am here to share my experience and learning with you in hopes that you become a more knowledgeable and inspired investor. Best of luck.